Friday, April 29, 2005

Superfreak

I haven't read or even bought Stephens Levitt and Dubner's new and much-lauded book Freakonomics, just as I haven't read or bought Blink, Collapse, On Bullshit, On Paradise Drive, Will in the World, or most of the other hot new books on my Amazon Wish list that I'm happy discussing through their good (and bad) press alone. Levitt and Dubner were just on The Daily Show promoting the book, but since I'm in cable blackout, I now probably know even less about it than your average stoned undergrad. (Or, given his self-conscious tendency to just leaf through a book before an interview, about as much as Jon Stewart.)

I am, however, enjoying the hell out of Levitt and Dubner's Freakonomics blog, which happily features choice excerpts from the book in question, along with thoughts on the value of baseball's turn towards cybermetrics, profiles of other economists, and links to good and bad press about the book. You should do the same. Then you can be barely informed, just like me.

No comments: