I just caught this at UbuWeb:
"Ron Silliman was once a slow left-handed second baseman. Now he lives in a faux forest in what was once the Biddle Estate."
Poet-blogger extrasupraordinary Silliman selected some featured material from UbuWeb's archives in June; UbuWeb is awesome, and Silliman's choices are a good a place as any to start.
1. Frank Film (1973), Frank and Caroline MourisAlso, while we're thinking about Ubu, here's a song from Pere Ubu (which is my son's unofficial anthem -- "I have desires!") and the text of Alfred Jarry's play Ubu Roi.
2. The Name (1973), Robert Creeley
3. Recollections of Grande Apachería (1973), Edward Dorn
4. Reading at Goddard College (1973), Robert Creeley
5. Carnival The First Panel: 1967-1970 (1973), Steve McCaffery
6. Black Tarantula Crossword Gathas (excerpt) (1973), Jackson Mac Low
7. A Vocabulary for Sharon Belle Matlin (1973), Jackson Mac Low
8. Heavy Aspirations (1973), Charles Amirkhanian
9. Armand Schwerner (1973), Phil Niblock (real video .rm file)
10. High Kukus (1973), James Broughton